Spain - Madrid - Travel - Information - History - Vacations - Holidays - Accommodation - Rent a Car - Flights - Hotels - Apartments


Citizens of the EU do not require Visas for short term visits, regardless of their purpose. Any EU citizen wishing to stay in Spain for more than 90 days is required by law to acquire a Residence Permit. The Residence Permit first takes the form of a “Temporary Residence Permit” which permits the holder to stay in Spain for up to one year.

A “Permanent Residence Permit” becomes necessary for stays longer than the one year. Applications for this type of Residence Permit are made at the Aliens Office of the province where the applicant resides.

It is important to note that visitors with USA, Canadian, or Japanese passports are not required to possess any Visa provided their Passports are valid for the entire period of their stay. Any stay that is longer than the limit of 90 days will require a Visa. Other nationalities from other than the countries indicated previously should contact the nearest Spanish Consular authorities for up-to-date information.

| Home | Travel | Madrid | General | Contact us |

Our Network: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Optimal resolution (1024x768)
Supports Internet Explorer and Netscape
© 2002 Portugal-info Networks